Hosted by Arthritis Research Canada, the ARThritis Soirée is an evening designed to attract the city’s business and community leaders, philanthropists, doctors, scientists, healthcare professionals, and those who have an appreciation of art and a desire to support arthritis research.
Research has shown art adds to one’s well-being and therefore is a great element in managing chronic diseases on a holistic level. Moreover, art adds an extra factor of excitement and depth to the Soirée each year with the introduction of a different art form.
This year's event will take place on Thursday, May 18, 2017 at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. The evening's entertainment will feature world-renowned violinist Jenny Bae.
Jenny Bae's dazzling performances have wowed international crowds for over a decade, performing solo and with artists such as Luciano Pavarotti, Eric Clapton, Elton John and Andrea Bocelli. The Juilliard trained Bae has captivated audiences which have most notably included the British Royal Family, Crown Princess of Saudi Arabia, George Clooney and Mikhail Gorbachev. Jenny will be performing with members of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.
For those attending, remember to participate in the live and silent auction and raffle. The raffle will be for diamond pendant, donated by Golden Tree Jewellers. The solitaire is set in 14K white gold with 0.75 of total carat diamond weight. The pendant will hang beautifully on its delicate 18”, 14k white gold chain. Live auction items include:
- a Hagstrom electric XL2P-Crème guitar autographed by Juno Award-winning Singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer Colin James
- a Hagstrom acoustic D15-WHT guitar autographed by Juno Award-winning Singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer Colin James
- a Joe Fortes' chef's table for 6
- a LA Experience package
- an Okanagan Experience package
- two "super VIP passes" to the Pemberton Music Festival
- a brand new, Fender Squire Affinity Series Stratocaster guitar autographed by Grammy Award Winner Richie Sambora
For a preview of the silent auction items, please click here.
The evening will include gourmet hors d’oeuvres coupled with champagne, spirits and award winning BC wines from LaStella and Le Vieux Pin wineries and legendary Joe Fortes oyster bar and caviar bar from Northern Divine Caviar.