JointHealth™ insight – Summer 2017
It’s summertime: What’s hot in arthritis research?
In this summer issue of JointHealth™ insight, we report on new information presented at the European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) Annual Congress, which took place in Madrid, Spain, in June 2017. EULAR updates covered include:
- EULAR’s “Don’t Delay, Connect Today” campaign to improve models of care for inflammatory arthritis
- Immunogenicity studies that show comparable results between biosimilars and originator biologics
- Research from Denmark finds no higher patient use of health services after policy transition to biosimilars
- A best practice spotlight on helping patients understand biosimilars
In this issue, you will also find:
- Information about a new Osteoarthritis (OA) Tool for family physicians
- A profile of a young scientist’s research journey looking at osteoarthritis and biomarkers
What’s hot in arthritis research?
Arthritis Consumer Experts today announced the launch of the Biosim•Exchange
Arthritis Consumer Experts today announced the launch of the Biosim•Exchange – the first central resource in Canada for consumers to find timely, fact-based information on biosimilars safety and effectiveness and report on public and private health insurance formulary policy or listing decisions on biosimilars.
“There is a real need for balanced, evidence-based information on biosimilars. Our aim with the Biosim•Exchange is to help patients better understand biosimilars and their place among other inflammatory arthritis treatments. With this knowledge, patients can have a full therapy conversation with their rheumatologist (or other specialist) in order to best decide on their choice of medications, including originator biologics or biosimilars,” said Cheryl Koehn, Founder & President, Arthritis Consumer Experts.
To view the Biosim•Exchange, please click here: http://bit.ly/JHBiosimExch.
ACE encourages you to share the Biosim•Exchange with other patients, your friends and family.
We look forward to your questions and comments and hearing about your experience with biosimilars.