#Goals4Arthritis – Goal 18: Sunday Funday
Today’s #Goals4Arthritis is to have some Sunday fun with your kids, friends, or loved ones. Whether you are watching the FIFA World Cup™ or enjoying the sunshine outdoor, we hope you get some much needed rest, relaxation, and pleasure from your day’s activities.
For our friends in the community who are over 50 years old and have osteoarthritis, here are some activities you can do with your children:
- Share a hobby or class. This can be dancing, golfing, gardening or swimming. Participating in low-impact exercises can keep joints flexible and muscles strong.
- Go running or jogging with your loved ones. Determine a routine that can cater to your own flexibility, strength, and ability.
- Play some table top games like billiards, air hockey, foosball, or table tennis. These activities help keep you active and prevent stiffness in your joints.
- Cook with your loved ones. Cooking up a hearty meal at home can reduce your intake of added calories and fat as you have total control of which ingredients to use. Every pound of extra weight you lose takes four pounds of pressure off your knees.
- Do some arts and crafts to keep the small muscles of your joints in motion. It will also alter your focus and concentration to something other than your arthritis pain.