Join the “virtual” race to increase public awareness of autoimmune arthritis
May 20th is World Autoimmune Arthritis Day (WAAD). The International Foundation for Autoimmune Arthritis established this commemorative date back in 2012. The virtual event unites dozen of nonprofits, advocates, and experts from around the world to provide educational and awareness information to autoimmune arthritis patients, their supporters, and the general public.
Participants and partner organizations will participate in a virtual global race by sharing organizational websites and resources via social media posts. WAAD is a 47-hour event hosted on May 20th for the duration of all Time Zones (May 19th 6am EST – May 21st 5am EST).
This year, the goal is to achieve 100,000 virtual miles as a community. Each “like” or “share” on Facebook posts and Twitter tweets equals 1 “awareness mile”. Each “like” or “share” on awareness poster or video posts will earn 10 “awareness miles”. Team ACE will be leading two event with the goal to drive 50 “awareness miles” through Facebook and Twitter:
- Team ACE Twitter Poll – ACE will be asking survey questions about arthritis self-care and management. Answers will be summarized and reported out at the end of the campaign. #ACETwitterPoll
- Team ACE Facebook Photo Blog – In marketing, it is documented that the human brain can process images up to 60,000 times faster than words. ACE will share pictures, accompanied by a simple text, that represents life with arthritis. #ACEPhotoBlog
You can participate online on Facebook and Twitter and follow the event’s hashtag #WAAD18. On race day, help Team ACE win the autoimmune arthritis awareness race:
- Follow @ACEJointHealth on Twitter, like and retweet posts with #WAAD18
- Like Arthritis Consumer Experts’ Facebook Page, like and share posts with #WAAD18
- In your comments, shares, retweets and replies, make sure to tag Arthritis Consumer Experts and mention @ACEJointHealth and use the hashtag #WAAD18
The information and resources provided by ACE during #WAAD18 will help people understand the effects of autoimmune arthritis on patients and their caregivers, the economy, and the healthcare system. Patients will learn how to practice self-care at home and at work, such as learning how to exercise and manage pain and stress. Lastly, patients will be able to have meaningful conversations with their health care team members and determine the best treatment possible.
To learn more about the event, please click here. Join the conversation on Facebook at Facebook.com/AIArthritisDay and Facebook.com/ACEJointHealth, and Twitter @AIArthritisDay and @ACEJointHealth by using the hashtag #WAAD18.