RSVP by November 23! Register for this free event to hear and learn from inspirational women living with arthritis and leading health professionals!
Event date: November 26, 2018
The Westin Bayshore (Salon Ballroom D&E)
1601 Bayshore Drive,
Vancouver V6G 2V4
Free Registration: ramattersatwork.eventbrite.com
Please RSVP by November 23, 2018.
300,000 Canadians live with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and women are affected two to three times more often than men. For many people living with RA, career continuation and advancement can seem out of reach.
To help illuminate the accessibility of career progression for people with chronic diseases like RA, Women in Biz Network and Eli Lily Canada are launching a nationwide series of empowering events called RA Matters at Work.
Join them in an evening of lively discussion among a community of inspirational women living with arthritis. Speakers will share stories of difficulty and triumph while thriving in the workplace, and challenge the negative beliefs and self-doubt associated with living and working with a chronic disease.
Come learn from experts in rheumatology about advances in preventing work disability for people with inflammatory arthritis. The event will be moderated by ACE founder and president, Cheryl Koehn. Panelists include:
- Dr. Diane Lacaille – Associate Scientific Director and Senior Research Scientist of Rheumatology, Arthritis Research Canada
- Ms. Spencer O’Brien – Canadian Olympic Snowboarder, 2016 X Games Gold Medalist, 2 x World Champion, Olympian, person living with RA
- Ms. Maya Joshi – Program coordinator, Arthritis Consumer Experts
- Ms. Flora To-Miles – Managing Editor of Occupational Therapy Now, The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Ms. Alison Stewart – Registered Rehabilitation Professional, Arthritis Research Canada Making It Work Research-Practice Program
- Ms. Julia Chayko – Actor and Writer
Join us and the conversation at #RAMATTERSATWORK